We asked ROB co-founders, David and Thibaut, about building a flyer program for green transportation in France. David and Thibaut are both engineers. David worked at Huawei and Thibaut worked at ASTEK. They chose Bubble because the no-code platform enabled them to build their app and test their product faster.
Tell us about your app and what it does.
ROB is a flyer program for green transportation. Our official launch date was May 31st 2021. Users can earn ROB rewards every time you commute with our mobility partners, then redeem those rewards to save money on your next trip. Reward miles are nice if you fly a lot but what if you bike or take a Lime scooter or just like to wander around town ? Similar to a frequent flyer program, Rob delivers value for every kilometer traveled and supports users towards soft mobility. With ROB we created the first green transmodal rewards program!
How does your app work?
1. Connect your credit card and automatically get rewarded on all your travels.
2. Ride your favorite mobility services. You can discover new and green ways to move around and outside your city
3. Redeem and save. Redeem your points for money off your next trip or spend your savings on a sustainable gift card or donate to associations that fights against global warming.
Tell us a little about your background and how you discovered no-code tools like Bubble.
David went to one of the top 10 engineering schools in France and one of the top two business schools in France. He is a former hardware developer at Huawei.
Thibaut went to one of the top five engineering schools in France as well as the top two business schools in France. He is a former IT project manager as ASTEK. We discovered Bubble thanks to the fundraising of the french startup, Comet.
Why did you build your app on Bubble?
As former engineers, we learned how to code any kind of app. However we wanted to find a faster way to test our product. We first tested the idea through fake facebook ads, and got a very high click rate, more than 15 percent on mail suscription. We then decided to elaborate as fast as possible through a prototype. We were pretty impressed about how powerful the tools can become.
What have been your milestones or successes so far?
- We started a strong partnership with SKODA (automotive manufacturer )a few months after we started coding on Bubble.
- We are one of the first startups who implemented a banking aggregator on bubble, a technology which is certified by BANQUE DE FRANCE (French Banking authorities)
- We gathered more than 20 mobility parters (including Uber, Lime, SNCF, Blablacar, and more).
- We ended up on National Television (France 2)
What are your next steps or future plans for your app?
- We are launching Next Week the app for everybody to reward every kind of Parisian transportation (Before it was only VIP members and referalls)
- We are starting to work with Municipalities (Paris, Nice...), to encourage citizen to use new and green mobility services
- In September, we will start our first seed fundraising!
Bubble is a leader in the no-code movement. Bubble offers a powerful point-and-click web editor and cloud hosting platform that allows users to build fully customizable web applications and workflows, ranging from simple prototypes to complex marketplaces, SaaS products, and more. Over 500,000 users are currently building and launching businesses on Bubble - many have gone on to participate in top accelerator programs, such as Y Combinator, and even raise $365M in venture funding. Bubble is more than just a product. We are a strong community of builders and entrepreneurs that are united by the belief that everyone should be able to create technology.