We asked FreeFlo founder, Jason Trueblood, about building an app that helps freelancers reduce non-billable hours by managing their clients, projects, and operational tasks. Jason has been a startup junky for the past five years, and currently works for his third software startup. He spends his free time building websites and widgets. He chose Bubble because the no-code platform enables him to quickly iterate and make changes to his MVP at a low price point, while offering all of the features of functionality needed to build his app.

Tell us about your app and what it does.

Jason Trueblood: Freelancers face challenges standing out from competitors when applying for projects. Communicating with clients and managing their experiences are time consuming, non-transparent, and non-billable.

On average, freelancers clock 53 percent of their time as billable hours. The other 47 percent of their time is spent on non-billable operational tasks and administrative work.

FreeFlo helps freelancers by optimizing their workflow, reducing non-billable hours, and by providing their clients with clear communication and transparency throughout the project.

How does your app work?

FreeFlo allows freelancers to deliver a unique project dashboard to their clients, easily keep track of clients, manage projects and milestones, simply request client reviews, and track their activity and progress. FreeFlo also provides light project management and CRM functionality.

The client dashboard allows freelancers to easily share their projects with their clients. It contains relevant information about the project’s files and the timeline of completion. This allows clients to get an inside view of the project's details.

With FreeFlo's “request review," freelancers can easily create an email template to quickly request project reviews and testimonials from their clients.

Tell us a little about your background and how you discovered no-code tools like Bubble.

I have been a startup junky for the last 5 years. I am currently working for my 3rd software startup. During my free time, I build websites on wordpress or create widgets. When I came across Bubble, I was able to dive right into the platform.

Why did you build your app on Bubble?

After experimenting with different platforms, I noticed that Bubble’s speed is unmatched. The no-code platform allows you to quickly iterate and make changes to your MVP at a low cost. This allows creators, like me, to build things and get them into the market very quickly. Bubble has 98 percent of the functionality I was looking for to build out the FreeFlo MVP, making it an easy choice.

What have been your successes or milestones so far?

Traction is currently low since FreeFlo has only been out for a couple of weeks now. Currently, we are focused on gaining user feedback and improving the app.

What are your next steps or future plans for your app?

My vision is to create a centralized workflow automation system for freelancers. My goal is that freelancers will maximize their time, reduce non-billable hours, and increase billable hours.

Learn more about FreeFlo.

About Bubble

Bubble is a leader in the no-code movement. Bubble offers a powerful point-and-click web editor and cloud hosting platform that allows users to build fully customizable web applications and workflows, ranging from simple prototypes to complex marketplaces, SaaS products, and more. Over 400,000 users are currently building and launching businesses on Bubble - many have gone on to participate in top accelerator programs, such as Y Combinator, and even raise $365M in venture funding. Bubble is more than just a product. We are a strong community of builders and entrepreneurs that are united by the belief that everyone should be able to create technology.

Join the no-code movement today.


Do you want your app featured by Bubble? Reach out to us and tell us about your app. In addition to this series, we sometimes select our best apps to showcase on our website.