Our inaugural Bubble Developer Summit wouldn’t have been complete without dedicated time to shine a light on our incredible community: We asked you to nominate all-star Bubble Developers for our first-ever Bubble Developer Awards, and then we announced the winners live.
If you missed the summit, you can watch a replay and/or catch up on all of the announcements in our recap. But we wanted to take some extra space to introduce you to the award winners here, because they’re really something special — and we’re endlessly grateful for their contributions to this community.
First, the honorable mentions
There were a whopping 1,100+ nominations for these awards. So before we recognize the winners, we’d like to share a list of some other incredible Bubble Developers who were recognized over and over again across multiple categories for their contributions:
- Gregory John, buildcamp.io
- Lachlan Kirkwood, Building with Bubble
- Jose Campos Gonzalez
- Gaby Roman, Coaching No Code Apps
- Zubair Lutfullah Kakakhel, AZKY Tech
- Mike Loc, Default Button Dev
- Neto Camarano, No Code Start Up
- JJ Englert, NoCode Alliance
And now, without further ado …
Bubble Mentor: Renato Asse
The Bubble Mentor award honors the most outstanding and benevolent Bubble educator.
Whether they're dishing out wisdom on forums, creating killer YouTube tutorials, or simply lending an unwavering helping hand, this member of the community is always putting education first.
Renato Asse goes above and beyond even that description, teaching, building community, and creating jobs from his home in Santa Catarina, Brazil. Comunidade Sem Codar, the no-code school he founded in 2019, has grown into a community of more than 11,000 students and 400,000 monthly video views. In short:
- Renato almost single-handedly created the largest Bubble community in Brazil.
- He’s launched the careers of thousands of students on no-code.
- Renato’s teaching skills, clear explanations, and practical examples have made him a beloved figure in the no-code industry.
Here are a few examples of what those nominating him had to say:
“This is all he talks about. In every tech conversation we have had, I have seen his passion about no-code and Bubble.”
“I learned everything about Bubble from Renato Asse, and today I have a startup that is already receiving investment.”
Oh, and Renato’s stated goal on Linkedin? To generate 10.000 jobs by the year 2030. 👏
Bubble Trailblazer: Victor Nihoul & Wesley Wasielewski of Flusk
The Bubble Trailblazer award recognizes those who fearlessly push the limits of what can be achieved on Bubble.
Victor Nihoul & Wesley Wasielewski of Flusk have made Bubble better for all of us. Their security tools help keep sensitive data in Bubble apps safe and compliant, which benefits businesses, customers, and every kind of user. In short:
- The Flusk team has worked tirelessly to develop tools to make all Bubble apps more secure and performant.
- The resources Flusk has developed have enabled teams of all sizes, globally, to build more on Bubble.
- They have been strong partners to the Bubble team, providing helpful product feedback and ideas.
The strong showing of community members nominating Flusk was incredible to see.
Bubble Community Champion: Thibault Marty
The Bubble Community Champion exemplifies our global community's values and leads the way with infectious enthusiasm. The award honors a person who celebrates victories, and advocates for the needs of their fellow Bubble enthusiasts.
Thibault Marty is an extraordinary individual who embraces the community spirit. Founder and CEO of the no-code training platform Ottho, Thibault is the leading advocate for the French Bubble community. In short:
- As the founder of Ottho, Thibault’s teaching abilities and accessible approach have made no-code accessible to learners of all levels.
- He has created and led the largest French Bubble community, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Through free online courses, engaging videos, and mentoring, Thibault has transformed lives and provided real opportunities.
From a few nominations:
“Thibault invests a lot in the no-code community, Bubble in particular. Ottho is a real, benevolent community of mutual aid, offering quality training which allows learners to find real opportunities afterwards.”
“Ottho represents the Bubble community in France, and the mentors it employs are exceptional.”
To thank our three category winners, we’re flying them in for BubbleCon, our first-ever user conference (details coming soon!) this October in New York City. Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination — you make this community better!